Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

> From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] I hate to say it...
> To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Oh I understand completely Jim, but the Hemi can be a handful to put in. There's a guy over on the AMC Forum that's done it, but he used the rack and pinion and everything from a Dodge truck.
>
> If you want to do something like this you can go one better -- the 4.7L V-8. Look at it closely and you'll see that it has as much (or more) in common with the AMC V-8 than previous Chrysler designs. Story is that it was designed mainly by former AMC engineers (Jeep Engineering), and that's why it was first available in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Should be a good tow engine, and you can get some old Classic "287" emblems to put on the fenders! Everyone I know of with the 4.7L seems to like it...

I hadn't even considered the 4.7 and don't really know much about it; I'll have to do some research!  I do remember now that we're talking about it that a fellow First Coast AMC club member has a Dodge truck with that engine and towed his car/trailer just fine to an out of state show.

I'll start looking at them; if any of you have some good links, please send them my way...

Jim Boone
Mims, FL