[Amc-list] So - how do you adjust valve lash hot and running?

[Amc-list] So - how do you adjust valve lash hot and running?

i guess that depends on HOW your asking the question. are you asking how each of us does the valves, or trying to clarify how the book specifies?

myself, after i got it heated up, valve cover off, i just adjust untill they are quiet. then after shutting it off, check to see what the clearances are. make sure they are not TOO tight. mine are usually like .008 intake, .010 exhaust. a little tighter than factory, but it runs alot quieter.still runs JUST fine also. speaking of valve lash, its been a couple thousand miles (all year this year to be exact) since i torqued my head, and adjusted valves) guess its time i should put that on my "to do, how do i get time to do" list.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules