Re: [Amc-list] Definitive fuel tank fitment

Re: [Amc-list] Definitive fuel tank fitment

That listing is wrong.  Jim Blair had it right when he said the Gremlin, SX-4, and Spirit hatch tanks are interchangeable.  I didn't know about the Cherokee tank that Dan mentioned, but that's good news.  Someone should contact Rockauto or the manufacturer and let them know their listing is incorrect.  A hatchback/Gremlin type "pill box" tank is differenty from the longer more flat wagon and sedan tanks. The Gremlin series cars are about 12 inches shorter than the sedan based cars, so that's why the tank design is different.

Also the 78 AMX tank was based on the Hornet hatchback.  The Hornet hatchback tank is different from both the sedan and wagon tanks.

Joe Fulton