Re: [Amc-list] A Sweet 64

J Brain wrote:
> This thing makes me salivate:
> http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ctd/853705063.html

Holy krap we'd have to fight over it!

Yeah, 64 hard top, as far as I'm concerned, might be Rambler's best car
ever (speaking of the strictly 'passenger cars' not the special stuff
like SC360, SC/Rambler, AMX, ...), or at least on a super-short list. I
think in 64 it was a bit conservatively styled, but today it is crisp
and clean, 'conservative' then today means it got the best and skipped
the excesses. Plus it's just so nicely built all around, sadly, better
than anything in the 1970's (but that's true of any American car from
the 70s). It weighs about 3000 lbs, maybe less (my 63 wagon, on a truck
scale, was 3150). I bet it gets 18 - 19 highway mpg too (my 62 327 did).
Motor, transmission and axle are all heavy, but extremely reliable.

I even saved the photos.

Yeah, it's worth that money. It'll keep up with any car on the road,
seats five or six, sleeps two!

Only on early 60's cars is that color any good, and on that car, it's
perfect! All that glass, white and green interior... Its got the
aircraft tilt seats!!