Re: [Amc-list] Rambler Runs, Revisited (!@!@!!!!$$! T-96)

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Got my fingers crossed it works this time!
> Can't say I ever drove a non twinstick T96.
> How do you shift it if 2non O/D is too low?
> Are you just pulling out and grabbing gears like they are going out of style till you get into two O/D?

I think the secret society of Twin Stick owners will try to kill me,
now, for revealing this information, ... but here's the secret to
driving it -- Start off in 1st, shift to second, third, ... then engage
overdrive. 2nd-over is only useful for showing off or fooling around. I
mean really, the motor is not THAT gutless that you can't live without 2-OD!

In fact from one afternoon of driving the dogs around the neighborhood,
the non-TS 2nd is a better match; now the rev spread in upshifting
matches the motor.