Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

On 9/26/2008 1:42 PM, Tom Jennings spouted this sage advice:
> Sandwich Maker wrote:
>
>> obdI?  i thought these systems were all based off '80s gm ecms, which
>> would be pre-obd-anything.  were they still doing tbi in the '90s?
>
> ALDL connector and all. GM ECM 1227747. They're really common, but I
> have no idea what the application is other than "1987-1991 GM 4.3L small
> pickup". (My problem is, I do not exaggerate when I say I have NO, ZERO
> knowledge of car models after like 1970; so when I go to RockAuto and
> see 10, 20, 30 different models under "GMC", I have no idea what's what.)

"Small GM pickup" would be a Chevy S-10 or GMC S-15. If you really
wanted to get specific, a trip to a dealer with the ECM should get you
exactly what it came out of. Speaking of hacked, I did some work on an
89 S-15 that was "fixed" to run off of a 10 amp fuse (there were also
wire sticking out of the dash you had to twist together to keep it
running). I'll give whoever did it an A for effort but it would have
been a bunch easier to fix the fuseable links.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH