Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> that predates obdI.  it's possible that obdI was heavily based on gm's
> aldl etc, and one of the lurkers just informed me that gm didn't drop
> tbi until the '94 my, which is well into obdI years.

D'oh.

Oh well, shows you what I know. Thanks for the info! So it's simply a
primitive box then, pre-OBD1 and all that, but with (maybe) some
OBD1-like diagnostics added on, ALDL does mean "assembly line diagnostic
link"...

This is a small truck app, and trucks always get the slack from the
feds. Our gain here!