Re: [Amc-list] Battery good - no lights, no horn, no gauges, starter doe

Re: [Amc-list] Battery good - no lights, no horn, no gauges, starter doesn't spin - completely dead electric

I had already replaced the negative battery cable. I replaced the
positive battery cable today, and it started right up. I popped it
off, cleaned the contact area on the starter, put on a new cable - and
it's good.

The ground cable is in really bad shape - and now worse since I tried
to get it loose to replace it. I'll hit the bolts with penetrating oil
and try it again later. It has to go.

Wow - all that fuss and manual reading and electrical diagram reading
- when it was a battery cable.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. It helped. I picked up a
voltmeter and will start messing around with it. Voltmeter! Cool! And
a timing light. Cool! And older vacuum gauges. Time to work on making
it run right!