Re: [Amc-list] OBD II Scan tools

Good Morning David,

    I have a small hand-held one that just gives me the code which I
look up in the service manual and start my troubleshooting from there.
It makes it handy for those troubleshooting tasks that cannot be easily
seen or heard.  I'd like a more expensive one that actually gives me the
name of the component that caused the code to be generated, but it's a
small inconvenience to look it up.  It's fine for what I use it for (to
'03 vehicles from the General).  The scanner is an Actron that I bought
at the local Advance Auto.  You can get it to read OBD-I and OBD-II,
probably others, but I only needed OBD-II.

Regards,

Russ (from Pa.)