Re: [Amc-list] VIN

I've never seen them, but a former AMC factory worker was admiring my Marlin at a show one time, telling me he was one of the guys who had to crawl up inside the trunk to fasten the shocks in place... he was short in stature, so he fit in there pretty well.  HE claimed there weren't very many places to find a number, but somewhere in the shock area in the rear sections, it is supposed to be there.  He DID say "it would be difficult to find, but it's there".....  I'm just quoting here.  As I said, I've not seen the numbers myself.  He did claim there were places besides the VIN tag, though.