Re: [Amc-list] VIN

On my 66 American there was a body plant tag screwed to the floorboard under the rubber mat (It's a 220, no carpet.).  The tag contained a body code and the last six digits of the VIN number.  Mind you, this was a 1966 VIN number but the last six digits coincided with the last six digits of the VIN number on the passenger side shock tower.  The VIN number was also behind the steering box.  I had the whole car dismantled and did not see notice another VIN number but I did see some date codes.

Joe Fulton