[Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

[Amc-list] Before and After engine compartment

Okay, have a lot of sorting out to do, but here's before and after engine pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/RamblerEngineBeforeAndAfter#

I ordered engine paint for a '65 196OHV, Lancelot Turquoise. It
doesn't look like my block, but looks pretty okay. Don't know how long
the paint needs to cure before it hardens, right now it scratches very
easily!

The kid in the engine compartment is my middle son. He's helped out
quite a bit. The other kid hanging over the fender has been there
every step of the way - through freeing up the engine, doing a tuning,
rebuilding the brakes, replacing parts, pulling the head, putting the
head, head gasket, intake manifold gasket back on - putting the rocker
arm assemly on and helping adjust valve lash (we'll revisit that with
the notes you guys provided).

I wish he didn't have to work Saturday, he really should be at the
Southeast Regionals. He's done a ton of work.