Re: [Amc-list] VIN

Armand,
  Yes, on a 70 model AMC the VIN is on the d.s. top of the dash visible
through the windshield and behind the steering box. As far as hidden
VIN's go the story was that these locations were only available to law
enforcement  officials. Have seen over the years a few of these hidden
locations.

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:57:39 -0500 "Armand Eshleman"
<aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Good Evening All,
>
> Does any one know for sure how many locations AMC placed VIN on the
> Cars
> they produced??
> In 1970 were the VINs placed on top of the dash, driver's side,
> visible
> through the windshield and
> behind the steering box only? Were the VINs placed anywhere else??
>

> Thanks,
>
> Armand

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'08 AMC NATIONALS (Date & Location to be announced)
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766