Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Oil Supply (was "return") Line - just use a pre

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Oil Supply (was "return") Line - just use a pre-cut brake line?

Oooh boy.

OK, the lines don't scare me, that's easy. But cam bearing changes?! Oh
fun. I wonder how many parts places get THAT right! Time to call Kanters...!

> "CAUTION: When installing a new oil pump, or pump has been
> disassembled, the pump must be primed by removing relief valve
> plunger and filling pump with oil.  This must be done before starting engine."

I haven't yet got this far (195.6 building) but I was wondering about
that... since you can't spin it up with a pointy stick.

Probably worth doing the above, squirt a bit down the plug holes, and
cranking the engine with the ignition turned off until you see oil
pressure, then allowing it to fire.