Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Oil Return Line - just use a pre-cut brake line

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Oil Return Line - just use a pre-cut brake line?

Frank,

That's all good information, but I'll bend the topic a little and ask another question:   I'm putting a 1965 oil pump on a 1963 block.  Of course that pump has the full flow filter which fits onto the pump.  I don't plan to have any external oil lines.  The only strange thing is that I'll have two oil pressure relief valves on the engine...one built into the pump and one in the oil gallery on the side of the engine.  I'm using the 1965 cylinder head with the oil feed hole up into the first rocker shaft pedestal.  I'm hoping that the internal lubrication system will work.  I know the machine shop installed the cam bearings correctly because I checked the hole alignment while assembling the engine.  Do you see any problems with this arrangement?

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA

 Like Tom said, plain old brake line. I do want to point out