Re: [Amc-list] T-96 woes (again)

Peter Marano wrote:

> Perhaps the crank is moving reward.

Woah, that's no fun to think about!!

I will look for evidence of this -- but the trans was OK until I rebuilt
it, then 1000 miles later (2000?) it did this business. It's an old car,
  and you're right in that I should look for other evidence!

The harmonic balancers on these motors have been known to fall apart, I
don't know how it's constructed, maybe I can see if it's shifting around
(shiny spot).