Re: [Amc-list] Tighten up that hind end....

Re: [Amc-list] Tighten up that hind end....

Sorry, forgot to say --

Hand them new bearings at removal time -- have 'em take hub off, old
bearing, the press on the new bearing ONLY. Then you can clean up the
backing plates (weld in those wear grooves), hot tank, paint, etc. You
can assemble all that junk back on the car including the hub.

If you're re-using the old hubs (not TSM recommended, ("But Ma! Everyone
does it!") for non-racing power levels) mark them left and right. I use
a METAL STAMP while on the car (I forget otherwise) on axle and hub. Or
file a V on one axle and hub and two V's on the other.