-----------------
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:17:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ethanol from food grade stock might be short term and might be diadvantageous for other reasons, but there is a movement afoot to produce it from waste biomass, namely municipal solid waste.  There's at least one pilot plant operating now in a southern city. forget where.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"