Re: [Amc-list] 1966 Classic brake drum weights???

Re: [Amc-list] 1966 Classic brake drum weights???

" From: Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Guys. I want to install some cragar SS  i have onto my 66 Classic
" wagon. Rear drums are fine of course.The PROBLEM area is.....one
" front drum is fine, other one has THREE big weights welded on the
" outer rim of the face? Never seen a drum with that many weights on
" it before? Why would a drum need three weights? Would it hurt to
" knock them off? Thanks alot,Joe

i would assume they're there for the same reason you put weights on a
wheel, to balance it.  it follows that you shouldn't remove them.