[Amc-list] 1966 Classic brake drum weights???

[Amc-list] 1966 Classic brake drum weights???

Guys. I want to install some cragar SS  i have onto my 66 Classic wagon. Rear drums are fine of course.The PROBLEM area is.....one front drum is fine, other one has THREE big weights welded on the outer rim of the face? Never seen a drum with that many weights on it before? Why would a drum need three weights? Would it hurt to knock them off? Thanks alot,Joe