Re: [Amc-list] Javelin cutting out

Joe Fulton wrote:
> I don't have a wiring diagram in front of me, but the starter relay itself is only activated with the ignition switch is in the start position.  However, I think the ignition feed comes to post on the relay and then goes over to the postive post of the coil.   I may be showing my ignorance here, but your trouble could be with a wire near the starter relay and not the relay itself.

I'm with Joe -- the main battery feed is probably a fat red wire off the
starter solenoid where the battery cable attaches -- one by one wiggle
the wires in their crimped-on ring terminals. If they are not nice and
tight it's a problem. You might ID the exact wire causing the problem.

All wires crimped into ring terminals should easily survive a sharp tug.
If the wire comes out or you can see the other end wiggle, fix it, it's
a problem now or tomorrow morning.