Re: [Amc-list] Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner

That's an interesting photo of a 69 Javelin Trans Am car underhood area.

In 1970 Penske discovered that using the ram air scoops on the hood was
fruitless.
Their solution was to reverse the inlets from the photo you found and pick
up air from
the grate just in front of the windshield. It seems the wind tunnel testing
found a high pressure area right
there that was greater than the ram air scoops delivered. More horsepower
and don't we all love that!

Speaking of air cleaners,
I am looking for a 1970 ram air cleaner. If anyone has one they would like
to part with, please let me know.
Or better yet, I would like to borrow one so that I could pull molds from it
and reproduce it in carbon fiber.
Can you help??

Thanks,

Armand