Re: [Amc-list] Saving for a 196 rebuild (maybe)

Re: [Amc-list] Saving for a 196 rebuild (maybe)

Yep.  I recently had a 195.6 block bored from .040 oversize to .060 oversize and re-used a set of low mileage .060 oversize pistons and rods from another engine.  I did break the ring land on one piston while trying to remove a stuck ring.  I replaced that piston with a new one from Kanter Auto Products for about $60.  I have heard that .080 oversize pistons are available from Egge Machine but have not confirmed that.  I do have an extra .060 block which will need to be bored to .080 oversize for reuse if anyone wants it for the cost of shipping.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA