-----------
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:41:38 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Crap, I lost my 2nd gear synchro! I have no idea how it happened. Never
crashed it, in/out of gear w/o clutch, I shift slowly enough, etc. No
warning. Just a gentle downshift at 25 mph or so, GRIND GRIND, clutch in
Neutral, still grinds. Works OK at rest or if I rev-match.

I neglected to check the mainshaft stack clearance when I assembled it;
I know it's on the loose side. The 2 - 3 synchro was slow, till is, but
still works.

I know this is not the T-96's fault, but with all the hassles finding
parts I just may have to lose the Twin Stick -- boo hoo! -- and stick
something in the hole that's worth the effort. For the money I spent I
could have bought a good T5 and new adapter!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"