Re: [Amc-list] WAS: AMC six specs, NOW inliners

Joe Fulton wrote:
> Frank I am pleased that you are posting to the
> inliners.org.  Maybe you'll shine some light into the
> darkness of that group.
> I have nothing against GM it's just that the inliners
> organization should probably be named Chevy/GMC Sixes
> or something of the sort.

Amen.

It's too bad, I otherwise like the emphasis there on the unusual, on
thought-out solutions not just store-bought, and sixes. The forum has
some non-GM stuff but it's marginal. I get the newsletter etc, and like
a lot of car stuff it's very very narrowly focused and the crowd is not
very diverse. I'm not dis'n'em, it's their thing, and they welcome new
people, but they're doing that one thing.

I've been itching for something vaguely similar, where AMC is maybe just
another brand on par with the rest, good points, bad points, but no or
little Brand C or F!

Last Saturday we had a going-away party for a friend moving to Mass. for
a 1 year internship. We got wierdo-car quorum!

Dr. Nick has four Tatras.
Jason drives a Scimitar.
Paul, old Citroens.
Me, Ramblers of course.
David -- drove to the party in his '67 Trabant!
Paul, 24 Nash, 48 Indian (2 wheels), more.

All driven (well, not Citroens, does anyone DRIVE those or just await
parts?). Makes my cars look like as interesting as 6 cyl Chevy Novas in
1974. Mechanical skills vary from skilled artisan to can-change-points.
Not a bad start. Ages and backgrounds and skills vary, another good sign.

So we're gonna start a 'wierdo car club'. Jason and I have talked about
it for a while, but didn't want it to be just armchair can fans, some
internet webpage crap.

Blessing of the Cars (now defunct) had a lot of 'none of the above' car
nuts, and the 24 Hours of LeMons is too... where my '70 Hornet was (1)
revered and (2) very many people knew what it was. Then there's
http://jalopnik.com, who are personal friends of some of the above...

Time is ripe...