Re: [Amc-list] Rambler six comma fast

Frank Swygert wrote:
> In order to get the best transmission options you definitely want a 72+
> block!

Absolutely. I can't think of any transmission I'd LIKE that would fit
behind the old six pattern. (What's the choice, the BW autos, T96, T14,
anything else at all? Funky old Nash crashboxes don't count :-)

> A 72-mid 80 block (cast iron intake) would be best as they are
> slightly heavier than mid 80+ (aluminum intake). Lucky for you the bore
> is the same for the 199/232/258, and the manual trans crank flanges are
> the same.

And luckily those are common enough. The 'tall deck' years are in there
too, right? Damn, someone needs to go through the TSMs and Datson books
and type all that crap into one huge-a** spreadsheet so we have it all
in one place! bore stroke rod length pin height deck height ... not
rocket science. Four people in a room with beer and keyboards could get
it done in an afternoon.