Re: [Amc-list] intake question (Steve)

" Edelbrock recommends using a thick bead of silicone instead of the rubber pieces."

What you need to make sure is pay close attention to that gap.  I have a performer on my Cherokee that had the engine rebuilt at one time before i got it and that gap began too much for using just sealant.    With the gaskets ends it fits very nice. This is the best seal i have ever gotten in about 25 intake manifold changes.   My ends haven't popped out yet. I even sealed the ends with RTV that FELPRO supplied.. I probably just jinxed my self...

   I am also a firm believer in less in more. the recommended Felpro bead around the water ports works well.. too much and you end up with sealant floating around your radiator. and even a bigger mess to clean next intake change.  I also prefer the High Tack sealant around the Air ports. I did use a mix this last time since i ran out of the High Tack(which was old and stringy already)  i finished it off with the Edebrock's Gaskasinch and I assumed it was going to be leaky or problems.. but i got a nice seal.

Rob Z

78 Cherokee Chief 401
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon