Re: [Amc-list] intake question

Steve,

Blocking off the exhaust crossover passage will cause cold driveability
problems. I also don't understand how this will solve an overheating
problem. There are lots of other places more likely to cause overheating
than the exhaust crossover passage.

Matt

On 8/12/2008 10:41 PM, Steve spouted this sage advice:
> Hello Fellow AMC-ers:
>
>   Due to overheating issues (to eliminate the overheating problem, I've decided that this is the best course of action and have considered other courses of action) I want to R and R the original intake manifold off of a '68 390 AMX, block off the exhaust crossover passages, and install an electric choke on the original Carter AFB.  Any suggestions on the "R and R and block off" parts of the procedure?  I've used a Permatex product to seal off the thermostat housing (with gasket, of course) and was wondering if I ought to use a similar product for the intake gasket.
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Steve
>   '68 AMX

mhaas@xxxxxxx