[Amc-list] intake question

Hello Fellow AMC-ers:

  Due to overheating issues (to eliminate the overheating problem, I've decided that this is the best course of action and have considered other courses of action) I want to R and R the original intake manifold off of a '68 390 AMX, block off the exhaust crossover passages, and install an electric choke on the original Carter AFB.  Any suggestions on the "R and R and block off" parts of the procedure?  I've used a Permatex product to seal off the thermostat housing (with gasket, of course) and was wondering if I ought to use a similar product for the intake gasket.

  Thanks,

  Steve
  '68 AMX