Re: [Amc-list] intake question

Steve,

So you're reinstalling the original cast iron intake?  I just follow the
gasket manufacturers instructions.  Felpro says to put a small bead of
silicone around each of the passages.  For a cast iron intake, use the rubber
end pieces provided with the gasket.  For an aluminum intake, Edelbrock
recommends using a thick bead of silicone instead of the rubber pieces.  I
think this is to account for the different expansion rates between cast iron
and aluminum.

Todd