Re: [Amc-list] Another 70s AMX

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If your going to rebody you need a Spirit or AMX, butif your going to do a front clip like John, Elle did, where is he anyway?, then you can use any small body for a donor clear back to at least 72. Should work to 70, but with the firewall differences Tom noted on his Hornet I'd stay above 71 just to be sure.

Yeah, 70 shares a lot of body parts (inner panels, etc) with the 69
American. The rear panel (gas cap area) is unique to 1970. The firewall
is different, somehow, from 72. Don't know if 71 is like 70 or 72, but I
know that the gas cap business is 71-up. You could make it work though,
70 uses the same upper arm and suspension as 72, and I'm pretty sure, 79.