Re: [Amc-list] Manual trans Bellhousing needed

1980 is when Buick 2.8L was made with the narrow pattern. I figure @late '82 the Chev dookie switched over. Right when AMC came out with their 4 cyl. If anyone has the Chev SBC pattern 904 case, I'll swap for the AMC/60 degree Buick version (I also have the flexplate for the 4 cyl with Renix TBI ring for sale)

   I figure the 904 will suck some power from the Audi motor, but with a turbo it should be better. I'm checking to see what else in the way of trans were bolted to the 2.0L motor.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Manual trans Bellhousing needed
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Jim Blair
"
" Be careful of the year! They changed the dookie to V6 (like the 2.8L)
" @80! If he wanted to put an AMC 6 ('71 up) in front of that trans, I
" have all the parts, including the flywheel, clutch and maybe the
" starter! (I have what's left of the 4x4 T5 for parts too. It needs
" some synchros and maybe more)

i think it was more like '83/4, as all the amc ones had the big-chev
pattern.  a word to the wise though.

btw they changed the buick v6 from the b-o-p to the small v6 pattern
about the same time as well.

" From: imfatdad@xxxxxxxxx
"
" Have a friend, non AMC, that received a 4sp T4 from a Spirit.  He is wanting
" to attach to a 250 Chev (straight 6).  He wants confirmation that the Iron
" Duke pattern would be the same as the 250, and location of the actual bell if
" anyone knows of one..  Thanks in advance for info, will pass along info if
" anyone has any to share...  FYI, fella is in SD for shipping purposes....
--
ps jim, i was thinking of your dj with the audi 2.0 - an auto right,
tf904?  big, power-sucking box for such a little mill.  afaik the 924