Re: [Amc-list] Starting an HEI engine on the ground

You can. I do it with a points dist, an empty 727 case and starter (just don't quick rev it as the AMC V8 often has the ability to flip itself from torque!)

From: Jesse
Subject: [Amc-list] Starting an HEI engine on the ground
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, I have  a 360 that I want to test fire before I get it on a project.  I have an HEI and am wondering what the simplest way to hook up to hook it up to rain.

Can I hook up to a battery with the HEI and crank until it fires?

I normally set up the whole solenoid, with MC ECM and fire, but this HEI could make it all so simple!

Just wondering while  I am traveling in KS... want to fire it up this weekend.

Have a great weekend,

Jesse