Re: [Amc-list] Cheap Brakes and little OT ramble.

Re: [Amc-list] Cheap Brakes and little OT ramble.

Yeah, I hope I can make some use of the leverage it should provide.
If I can just bite my tongue and be nice about it....
Deep Creek lake, Md has been the bane, or is it bain, pain is much more apt...
Boats and waverunners and you name it, I've tried them all for her.
Every year it has gotten harder to put up with dumping many gallons of gas in a boat to be beat to death on a crowded lake covered with rental boats operated by people that do not have a clue on how to safely operate them!
I have actualy had the fortuen to experience being able to run over a canoe full of little girls piloted by a guy who did not have a clue that his dark green boat was invisible after sunset! Luckily noone was hurt and DNS wrote him many citations. He still wrote us a letter asking us to pay for his canoe! My wife sent him a copy of the police report and told him to F.O. Still not an experience on forgets quickly.
   The resort where I broke my neck and back and all my assorted issues is also down there...Joy. Still my wife wants to go there forever....
    Yeah I need another car.
I'm thinking had about the 79 Spirit GT Marc is saving or trying to save.
   I'd like something like your American, but realy want something that runs and drives and can be fixed by joe shmoe when I don't feel up to fooling with it. The early American would likely confuse the hell out of any of the mechanics around here.
    The 79 would be fairly unique and still easy to get parts for. I'd shoot for a possible 4.0L swap and an AW4 if my shoulder keeps giving me troubles. Mid 20 mpg and just nice enough to be proud of, but not too nice to drive for the 3 good seasons. No need to road salt it!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>