Re: [Amc-list] Howell TBI on 232ci '63 Classic...

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I know all about return lines.

Welp, problem solved.

I had 38psi fuel (should be 12)! D'oh! I called Howell for advice,
twice. I got through to a tech right off, got good solid answers. Howell
was great. Suggested running the return into a jug then check pressure.
That isolated the problem; couldn't blow into the return, and I could a
month ago.

Pinched hose coupling the return line to the tank! I'd soldered in a
return line on the passenger front side of the tank, placement was
tough, long story short a small radius bend pinched. I chopped a hole
(argh) in the side-to-side brace in front of the tank, re-routed the hose.

My fuel press. gauge goes to 10psi, so I kludged up an oil pressure
gauge. Not so accurate below 15 or so but who cares.

Anyhoo drives great now, with both injectors.

> When I ran mine I decided to run 3/8" both ways so I bought a roll of it.
> What a PIA.
>  You don't realize how hard it is to find room for 3/8 fule line till you run it!
> Then do it twice!
>   I wanted it setup so I would not have to think twice about the fuel line, no matter what engine I put in the car later.

I ran 5/16", two lines together. Wasn't that bad a job. I used pre-cut
lengths from NAPA and couplers. Clamped every 12 - 16". But the torque
tube classic is roomy under there.