Re: [Amc-list] [amc-list] More Cheap Brakes

Re: [Amc-list] [amc-list] More Cheap Brakes

Yes, While my intention is to go to an 8.8" Ranger rear axle.
I do intend to do a fitment on the AMC 15.
If the axle standout from the housing end is at or near the 2.5" of the fraud car housings it should be a darned near perfect fit there too.
  If I dreamed I could get a market for this I'd do it proper, but, No one replied when I asked if people where interested!
   What I have dreamed here would put an
Avenger rotor and a 05 up Mustang rear caliper on an AMC 15 and be a total bolt up.
   I may be wrong about the bolt up just yet, to soon to tell.
 But, since most of us don't like to destroy old parts needlessly we would likely pull the hubs and remove the drum hardware intact. I believe we would then need a shim to take place of the backing plate thickness to maintain preload. If need the hubs could be a machined easily to match any demensions on the Avenger rotors or spacer rings made for centering.
   The caliper barckets will bolt on from the back side using three of the bolt holes.
All of it fairly easy to install.
  It is intended that it all fit under 15" wheels. My dream would be to make it fit under 14's, but That is very unlikely.
Once th eprelinimary fit was done it would also be easy to design to use the Cobra rotor for those wanting 16" wheels and up anyway.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>