Re: [Amc-list] piston interchange

" From: teamamc <teamamc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I am having a brain fart here.
" I have a 1971 360 engine block I am boring  40 over.
" I have a new set of 40 over 343 flat tops pistons.
" I have the 1971 360 Rods
" I will have 58 CC 1973 heads
" Can I use the 343 flat top pistons on the 71 360 rods in the 1971 360 block.

yup; pin size is the same and pin height is comparable.  well, c/r
could be astronomical...  rods should be virtually the same, 5.875".

iirc 290/343 don't run with zero deck height; i've wondered if the 360
block was taller enough to use the 3.28" crank with stock slugs and
6.125" 4.0 rods narrowed to v8 spec on the big ends.  i don't think
so...