Re: [Amc-list] Need some engine paint

Bruce,

I have a Dupont formula for Lancelot Turquoise if you
need it Bruce (and if I can find it).  The Ditzler
number wasn't any good here in CA when I went to buy
some engine paint.  When I went to a Dupont jobber,
the counter guy was very helpful and called the
headquarters and retrieved the mixing formula
(grams/quart) for each of the ingredients.  If I
remember correctly Lancelot Turquoise was one of those
colors that had a couple of different formulas over
the few years it was used too.  Who's to say which is
the proper shade for an engine?  It was an AMC body
color too.  My formula results in a notably green
paint.

Regards,
Joe Fulton