----------
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:11:42 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Most of the issues where with the head gasket as Joe says.
Once it is done correctly they will last a long time, especially if maintained
properly which I'm pretty sure you would.
Tom seemed to think the filter on the pump would clear in his car.
I'd guess from what I can recall him saying that in the worst case you may have
to do some drilling and tapping to fit a couple of hydraulic lines and run a
remote filter. That is a guess, so treat it as one.
   Aluminum engine has hydraulic lifters, due to the different expansion rates
of the block they went that way,  I assume to allow for the lifter to compensate
as mechanicals will not stay in adjustment with the block resizing itself.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"