Re: [Amc-list] Howell TBI in a 63 Classic...

Re: [Amc-list] Howell TBI in a 63 Classic...

Got interupted on the last one.
For an almost failsafe tstat get a switch from an 80's Xcar.
Never had any problem with them, but they are mostly only good for backups as they trigger at 227* IIRC!
I ran one alone on my 84 Mustang and it did ok, like I said without a/C in a car you'd be surprised at how seldom they actually need to run!
   Most of the aftermarket fan controllers are total crap, IMHO. I bought a good unit for my S-10 and the thing actually melted the relay in it! Total crap.
    One of the reasons I just use the switch for now.
I have to do some reaserach to see what I may use.
   I've been noodling the idea of picking up an XJ Cherokee ECU for my American.
The XJ ecu supports both a cooling fan trigger and cruise control.
   The YJ one I run now does neither.
Even if I add the ecu with those features in I plan on leaving the switch in place. Never knwo when you will want to turn it on.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx