From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
To: Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,  "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Engine ID number location.
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:12:16 -0400

If it's a factory original pump, there will be a model number stamped on
one of the mounting ears (the other has a 2 character date code).
Matching model numbers would be good but is probably not conclusive. As
long as the pump looks like yours, it should be okay.

That being said, I would not install a used fuel pump without rebuilding
it. At that point, you might as well have yours rebuilt (or buy a kit
and do it yourself). http://www.then-now.com did a fuel pump for me
several years ago and it turned out great.

Matt

On 7/21/2008 8:19 PM, Thomas Garner spouted this sage advice:
> I have a guy who has a fuel pump with vacuum wipers. The part number is 4655. Where can I match up the ID number from my engine to the fuel pump? Where is the number located at on my engine.
>
>  I am cautious of buying a fuel pump again,without knowing for certain. I just want to make sure the engine hasn't been swapped with another one or something.
>

> FREE SATELLITE DISH AND INSTALL!!
> http://www.bestofdishnetwork.com/

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH