Re: [Amc-list] cheap brake conversion

The sheilds are a waste of time.
Not much will get into that area anyway.
Bendix has a nice parts link site.
If you go to Bendix brakes off a google search I think the link on their site is calle Iparts?
Anyway when you click on the part number on that link it shows you EVERYTHING about the sizing of the rotors!
Wish I'd have found it sooner as without a change in the caliper I won't be fitting that dodge truck rotor! It's 1.25" thick! No room for pads :[
   I did see that the Liberty 03-06 rotor is about 11.4" across and close to the same height as the WJ rotor.
It wmay be a nice fit.
    I know some people don't like the Jeep brakes from anything newer in desgn than an XJ Cherokee, but I have a feeling that has two or three facters
    One the Liberty and Grand Cherokee are just plain heavy! Our cars run much lighter by a thousand pounds pluse in most cases.
     Two the rotos are softer to keep the noise down for people. I doubt that has much effect in warpage though it may have some.
    Three caliper deisgn has some effect on dumping out heat. When moving to a car caliper from the cast iron Jeep caliper I think that helps. I was surprised though to not trhat the Mustang calipers change every 2-3 years.
It will make replacement parts a little more tempermental to get.
    Wish I'd have known how easy that hose fitted up as I was looking at a set of rebuilts on Ebay for less than $100, loaded with pads and brackets. They closed though.
   I really should be looking at rear brake stuff, but as usual I'm just killing time till the summer season is over here at work.

Put another 100 miles on the American last night. Yeah!
Got to find some time to clean the bugs off!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>