Re: [Amc-list] Cheap brake conversion

Make sure the calipers do not have a core charge attached to them.  That
can easily add another $100 if you don't have old ones to send back.

Jeff Bohler
1970 Javelin 390 4-speed
1989 Jeep MJ

             Tom Jennings
             <tomj@xxxxxxx>
             amc-list-bounces@         "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and
             amc-list.com              fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             07/18/2008 12:43                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Amc-list] Cheap brake
                                       conversion

             Please respond to
               "AMC/Rambler
              owners, drivers
                and fans."
             <amc-list@amc-lis
                  t.com>

d stohler wrote:
> i have the photos of my adapters on my picasaweb photo album.

> http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules

Holy crap! Am I crazy? Or is this a cheap brake setup, or what? Rockauto
http://www.rockauto.com sells the MOUNTING BRACKET and all hardware!

parts listings for 2000 Ford Mustang GT

* Caliper bracket, complete kit            Cardone 141020 $8.69 each (need
2)
* Caliper bolt Raybestos H5074, $6.72 (need 2)
* Disc brake parts kit Raybestos H5658A $7.75 (need only 1)
* Caliper, loaded, left and right, Raybestos RC11009, RC11010 $59.79
(need 2)
* Rotor Raybestos 66443R, $29.79 (need 2)

That's $217.73 for ALL NEW BRAKE PARTS 'cept the brackets you made.
THAT'S CHEAP!! Beats the pants off Scarebird (no offense to him, his kit
is nice).

Dave I think you did a Good Thing... Can you see if those are the only
parts needed?