Re: [Amc-list] How to remove windshield

On the pre 67 big cars cut the INNER lip off and push outward. When you cut the lip at the top you can see the metal flange. The bottom might be a thick rubber piece that also filled a gap between the windshield and dash (the 63-66 is that way, 62 may not be). If so, cut the top and side then push it out just enough to get a grip on the glass and pull up and out.

-------------
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:02:57 -0800
From: hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx

I'm selling my '62 Classic parts car to a guy who needs the transmission, torque tube and rear end.  I need to pull a few more things before he comes on Sunday, but mainly the windshield.

I've never removed a windshield from a Rambler.  How do I do it w/o breaking it?  On my Scout I cut away the outer lip of the rubber gasket and just pulled the glass out forward - there was no chrome trim or clips.  Same plan on the Classic?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"