[Amc-list] Rust/metal prep.... AGAIN!

Todd,
The method that I was told about came from one of the very best body shops
here in Montreal.
Grind all metal to be worked down to bare.
Use coarse (30 grit wheel) to leave scratches.
Etch the metal with Metalprep or some such product.
Try to keep bondo down to max 1/8 inch.
Do the body work
Etch bare metal and prime with a premium primer.
Put the car in the corner of the shop for a month while the bondo cures
completely. Not as bad as it used to be with new bondo shrinking less these
days.
Do all touch ups, sand and paint.

Of course the 1 month time interval between body work and painting is the
one that most people have a problem with, however, if your doing the job
yourself it becomes a scheduling issue.
This is the method they use for their show cars.

Putting wax on a primered car would be an absolute nono for me.
Primer is a porous paint and the wax would go into the primer and the only
way to get rid of it would be to sand it all off and start over.
Counter productive in my opinion.
All of this is just my opinion and should be used at your own discretion.
Don