Re: [Amc-list] Performance 195.6! ignition timing.

Re: [Amc-list] Performance 195.6! ignition timing.

Welp hacked the Delco distributor for maximum centrifugal advance. Let's
just say this is not destined to be a performance part. I got probably
20 degrees from it, rather than stock 11. Should be pretty good.

I drilled the travel-limit hole out to 33/64ths. The weights clear the
housing by .010", plenty. What I neglected to eyeball before hand was
that the cam assembly that does the advancing couldn't incresae retard
as much as it increased advance; complications of the shape of the
weights and the cam/lever. A deeper nick in the tips of the weights (a
tiny fraction of a gram) allowed absolute maximum travel.

I don't have a good way to measure angular displacement so I'll have to
wait until it's assembled. Should at least be a big improvement.

Since I'm running 36 degrees total advance I will check a plug or two in
the morning for detonation, but the gas pedal is nice and light, and
vacuum is high at cruise.