[Amc-list] SCORE!!! (i think??....)

well, i stumbled upon a 63 american friday afternoon on the way to a gun show i was at all weekend. a guy my stepdad knows. sittin in his driveway. was mine for $225. 440H. interior isnt BAD. drivers seat is torn a little. left rear fender is popped in. shouldnt be hard to fix. carpet is worn but ok. all glass looked good. auto. the engine is seized tho. oil in the bottom, he said it overheated last owner said, and parked. im guessing the head gasket started leaking, and got water into the cylinders and the rings are rusted to the bores. HOPEFULLY i can get it unlocked without much problem. i have a new headgasket so i will pop the head off and check it out. there is still oil in it, so hopefully the bottom end is still good and just stuck rings. it is an auto, so i cant stick it in high gear and rock it around to break loose. will have to have 1/2" breaker bar to try to crank on the crank bolt. anyway. how hard is it to get the seat upholstery for that
 american 440H bucket seat? i know there was talk on the list a while ago about someone finding interior stuff for americans. i think it was 64+ tho wasnt it?

anyway, the american is new to me. dont know much about them. i know tom j has had issues with the front trunnions. WHAT DO I NEED TO CHECK THERE TO AVOID THEM???

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules