Re: [Amc-list] exhaust tuning

Look at the intake ports again! The first and last are "alone", but 2-3 and 4-5 are siamesed. Valves are arranged I-E-E-I-I-E-E-I-I-E-E-I. All ports with the same valve next to them are siamsed together. You can't cut deep enough to separate the ports without cutting into the water jacket.

------------
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:35:28 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] exhaust tuning

The intakes are conveniently one port per cylinder, if you were so
inclined to do some serious band-sawing of the head to get access to
them.  Smooth and square and not a bad shape to this amateur eye, It
would be ugly. But you could epoxy flanges for plastic runners up over
the valve cover and do some decent intake. That person will not be me.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"