---------------
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:58:27 -0400
From: "oldcars@xxxxxxxxx" <oldcars@xxxxxxxxx>

    I am still working in the odd moments which I can find on the 62
Classic, and I have the bolts holding the Torque Tube to the tailshaft
housing removed (actually last bolt is still in place since there is
pressure on it but I did not want it out yet) and have already unbolted the
shock lower mounts and the Panhard rod bolt (also left in place for now),
so after I unhook the speedo, the linkage, and the trans-to-bellhousing
bolts, I will be ready to try pulling the axle rearward and see whether I
can get out the trans.

    Since the Overdrive T96 should be a bolt in, I am interested in seeing
whether anyone has a torque tube T96 which they would sell. I guess that I
will see whether Mike can get his part, since mine is (apparently) complete
and the '67 T96 gearbox should hopefully bolt up to the '62 tailshaft &
housing and put mine back on the road. Just thought I would see whether I
could upgrade to OD while I was at it.

    If only this were a non-torque tube car, I know where I could get a new
one, although it is something like $400....

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"