[Amc-list] Darn exhaust manifold bolts!

Decided to mess with the exhaust manifold. Soaked the bolts down with
PB Blaster and AeroKroil. Plenty of room around the bolt furthest to
the front. Tried a 12 point 9/16" socket and it started stripping.
Picked up a 6 point 9/16" 1/2" drive socket, put it on a breaker bar -
and no problems at all. Perfect bolt turning goodness and happiness
all around.

But just how in the heck!!!!!! do you reach the bolts that are
obstructed by the exhaust manifold? My 9/16" 1/2" drive socket is too
long, bummer. I tried a 9/16" open end, and it's starting to strip.

Are the 6 point ratcheting wrenches any good? I'm thinking I need a
good 6 point box wrench with a long handle. Is that the trick?

I was thinking of wimping out and bringing it in to a shop - but I
KNOW I can do this with minimal hassle. So - anyone use 6 point 9/16"
ratcheting wrenches? Are they strong enough? Any good ideas so I don't
strip the bolts?

This is a '65 195.6 OHV engine. Looks kind of tight towards the back,
but looks doable.